Please join the conversation and help ASIRT experiment with a safe road travel forum. We appreciate your comments!

Road Trips in Greece
Last Post 24 Dec 2017 10:51 PM by ParkPrince. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative

--
08 Dec 2017 07:01 AM
    A road trip in Greece is the perfect way to explore the country, admire its hidden gems and its natural beauty as well as see more places during your journey. If you are a fan of adventure and a flexible traveller, the road trip is a must. Try to reduce travel costs, make your road trip affordable, stay on a budget and save money. The info was found on the travel blog of Hostelbay.com.

Choice No.1

Mani, which covers the second peninsula in southern Peloponnese, is a travel back in time. Wild landscape, stone-built towers everywhere, even standing alone on the top of a hill, and the feeling that you came in a historical place, where the people say that they are direct descendants of the ancient Spartans. Set in the Peloponnese Peninsula, Mani is a great selection for your adventure as there are numerous wonderful seaside villages and traditional towns. The best way to visit Mani is a road trip that starts at Gytheio and ends in Kardamili.

Choice No.2

Pilion Volos is a mountain of extraordinary beauty with lush greenery and various stunning villages. The most impressive thing about this mountain is that the sea is located in a very close distance to the mountainous villages, and thus, you can easily combine mountain and sea, winter and summer holidays. For instance, Milies Piliou are located at the top of the mountain, but at the same time, Tsagkarada Pilion is by the sea and has an astonishing beach nearby.

Choice No.3

Zagorochoria are mountainous villages in Epirus. They have kept their traditional, authentic character, and you will be impressed by the surrounding natural beauty with rivers, forests, and gorges, but also the relaxing and captivating atmosphere of every single village, which is located in the wider complex of the area.

--
    24 Dec 2017 10:51 PM
    Thanks very much for sharing so much information. Choice No.1 seems more appealing to me and I and my GF are planning to take that adventure. My question is: how is the weather there? What should we bring with us? We think that sunglasses are necessary, plus a first-aid kit with medicine and other stuffs. Anything else? Your suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.